Take your career to new heights!
We are looking for dynamic and creative aviation enthusiasts, local history buffs, and museum professionals or students to join our crew today!
Marketing and Events Coordinator
(May 14, 2019)
Job Title: Marketing & Events Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will work collaboratively with the management team, staff and Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies and events which will broaden the Museum’s impact and overall messaging. Markets the Museum by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; maintaining promotional materials inventory; maintaining databases; preparing reports.
- Maintain high level of internal and external communications.
- Maintain Constant Contact database
- Graphic design
- Develop, execute and analyze campaigns
- Track and report website and social media analytics with ongoing analysis and improvements
- Research and identify new market opportunities
- Research and identify new technologies and applications to communicate with stakeholder groups
- Assist with brand development and strategy
- Develop and maintain social media strategy
- Design communications to post on and management of all social media sites
- Planning and organizing promotional presentations
- to develop and maintain media contact database
- Planning, budgeting, scheduling on an annual and per campaign basis
- Create, produce and disseminate all printed publications
- to assist with public relations agencies as assigned
- Edit and distribute newsletters and other communications to members and others
- Ads management – design, placement and budget
- Follow and track programs and performance of competitors
- Follow industry news, local, national and international
- Oversee the Communications Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
Museum Events Responsibilities
- Event coordination – work with other team members to assist with the production, planning and staffing of special projects and events, Grand Openings, etc.
- Work with and maintain relationships with partner organizations
- Planning, budgeting and scheduling events
- Ensure team members have the resources they need to complete their tasks
- Recruit and oversee event volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially photoshop, illustrator, acrobat -proficiency a must)
- Google Analytics, Google Drive, Google Business
- Constant Contact
- Social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube,
- Hootsuite social media management
- InDesign would be an asset
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of marketing/sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or another related field preferred
- Direct marketing/advertising, experience a plus
- Detail Orientation, strong critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Candidate should be personable and highly motivated with excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Project Management experience
Compensation: Full time position $39,000/year and includes access to benefits program.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé by e-mail to:
The Aviation Museum thanks all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NO phone calls please.
Learn more about joining our volunteer crew here!