Take your career to new heights!
We are looking for dynamic and creative aviation enthusiasts, local history buffs, and museum professionals or students to join our crew today!
Job Title: Visitor Services Representative
Reports to: Visitor Services Coordinator
Hours of Work: Part-time, 16 hours per weekend , plus some holidays and occasional evenings.
Number of Positions: 2
Summary: Visitor Services Representatives (VSR) assist with all aspects of visitor services at the Alberta Aviation Museum, including reception, admissions, gift shop sales, rentals, and guided tours.
- Greet and engage visitors to the Museum, providing orientation to the facility and answering all inquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
- Process payments for admissions, memberships, rentals and gift shop sales using a Point of Sale System
- Facilitate bookings for guided tours, photo shoots, and birthday parties
- Provide general reception and transfer telephone calls to staff members
- Assist the Visitor Services Coordinator and Assistant Executive Director with public programs and events
- Restock gift shop and track inventory as needed
- Open and close the museum according to established policies and procedures.
- Must enjoy interacting with the public, meeting new people, and partnering with volunteers
- High school diploma or GED with preference given to candidates with some post-secondary training in Museum Studies, History or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication shills
- Customer service experience in retail, hospitality, or heritage industries
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Cash handling training and experience
- Proficiency with computers, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite (Google Apps) and Point of Sale systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and independently
- General knowledge and interest in aviation and local history an asset
- Fluency in a second language an asset
- Possession of current Standard First Aid, CPR and AED certification an asset.
Apply with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org