Career Opportunity: Marketing & Advancement Coordinator (full time)
Position: Marketing & Advancement Coordinator (full-time)
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Supervisor for: Communications Coordinator
Team Member of: Community & Strategy Team, Events and special project teams as required
Position Summary – Strategic Goals:
The Marketing & Advancement Coordinator is a member of the Community & Strategy Team which is responsible for building profile and relationships in the community and advancing the organization’s sustainability goals.
The Marketing & Advancement Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Community & Strategy Team to develop and implement strategies which will broaden the Museum’s impact and overall messaging. They promote the museum by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns. The Marketing & Advancement Coordinator builds communication capacity in support of grant writing, fund development responsibilities such as developing donor and sponsor packages, and other external communications work.
Responsibilities & Duties
Marketing & Communications
- Supports Visitor Services sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Provide coverage for the Visitor Services sales staff as needed
- Maintain high level of internal and external customer service and support.
- Maintain Constant Contact database
- Track and report website and social media analytics with ongoing analysis and improvements
- Research and identify new market opportunities
- Research and identify new technologies and applications to communicate with stakeholder groups
- Assist with brand development and strategy
- Develop social media strategy
- Planning and organizing promotional presentations
- Support Executive Director’s role as media spokesperson, arranging media contact for staff and others and serving as media spokesperson at their request
- Together with
the Communications Coordinator:
- develop and maintain media contact database
- social media posts and updates
- creation, production and dissemination of printed publications
- assist with public relations agencies as assigned
- manage media relations
- Develop externally facing corporate documents such as Annual Reports and promotional materials
- Work with all staff to write and apply for grants
- Develop donor and sponsor packages
- Lead external communications work
- Support or coordinate, as required, fundraising events – work with other team members on museum events
- Supporting the Executive Director in networking and community engagement work to advance the museums business plan
- Assist with raising funds and the profile of the museum through participation in community events
- Actively fosters a culture that reflects the Museum’s values (respect, community, stewardship, knowledge, passion) and builds a strong cohesive team
- Provides regular direction, support, and feedback on performance to direct reports
Key Organizational Relationships
Community & Strategy Team – serve as Team Member. The Community & Strategy Team members are: Executive Director (Lead), Marketing & Advancement Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Visitor Services Coordinator, Community Outreach & Events (seasonal / proposed), Bookkeeper, and supporting the visitor experience function, the Lead Interpreter.
The Community and Strategy Team creates a work unit that is focussed exclusively on looking outward. This team will lead the transition to becoming a visitor and community-centred museum in three areas.
- Building relationships with funders, donors, and corporate supporters.
- Being an active participant in the community life of the city and the emerging neighbourhood of Blatchford.
- Sharing what the museum has to offer with the outside world.
Skills, Qualifications and Competencies:
- 2+ years of marketing/sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or another related field or equivalent training
- Direct marketing/advertising, experience a plus
- Detail Orientation, strong critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Candidate should be personable and highly motivated with excellent customer service skills
- Project Management experience
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to take direction, work both independently and within a team
- Ability to problem-solve and take initiative within provided guidelines
- Ability to communicate in English fluently – both verbal and written
- Proven skill, ability and flexibility in dealing with all ages of the public in an enthusiastic, helpful, and friendly manner.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with other employees and guests
- Comfortable speaking publicly in front of a small group
- Must provide a positive attitude.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work days, occasional evenings and weekends
- Second language would be considered an asset
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially photoshop, illustrator, acrobat -proficiency a must)
- Google Analytics, Google Drive, Google Business
- Social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube,
- Clear Vulnerable Record Sector check
Compensation: $43,000 to $48,000 per year commiserate with experience.
Benefits:Benefits package effective after six-month probation period.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest. NO telephone inquiries please.
Interested candidates email resume and cover letter as a single PDF attachment to michelle shirtcliff.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The AAMA encourages diversity and welcomes applications
from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.